Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 3 Brunswick Stereo


I am happy with the way the paint is taking to this piece. I had to do a few minor fill jobs in the wood. Everything is holding very nicely.
I still have to cut the new piece of wood for the the middle shelf.
Then I have to cut the back piece and get it painted and installed.
But I am very pleased with the way it is turning out.
How in the world am I going to be able to sell this? It is quite charming don't you think?
This is not the color it will be in the end. I will put my creamy white paint over top of this taupe color. When I sand the white down, you will see a little of this taupe color through. It will give my new paint a natural worn look. The carved details will remain a little darker as if they are stained from years of handling. It will be quite stunning.
I would love to hear your comments on this.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it! I look forward to seeing the finished product.
    I was reading on your website and realized you are in TN, a few hours away from me. I hope to visit your shop sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a fine job on your piece. I'm anxious to see how you are going to use it for display. It will be beautiful when done i'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I look forward to getting this piece done myself! I haven't been feeling quite up to getting things done lately - I need to get well - there are many things I want to do! And tomorrow one of the giveaways starts so be sure to look here tomorrow. And be sure you are following my blog!!
    See you then! Keep the comments coming!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen
    I love it. It looks beautiful. What colour of paint are you useing? The top and bottom colour?

    dianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments. And I do apologize for not doing anymore work on this beautiful piece. I have been so busy working. I hope to get to it again this week.
    Have any of your found the giveaways and signed up?
    The color I used for the undercoat is taupe. The top coat is creamy white. I sure do want to finish it soon. It needs to find a new home with someone very soon!

    ReplyDelete