Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 2 for the Brunswick Stereo

Ok, Kilz oil based primer/sealer Odorless is my best friend. Although to me it kind of smells like "stinky feet cheese" as my grand daughters call it. But seriously ladies, it is the best. I use throw away brushes and please do cover the floor. Because it tends to splatter :) You can pick up Kilz Oil Based primer almost anywhere! It is a little more than the others but by far more worth it.The only reason the middle shelf is not primered yet is because it has to be replaced.

Without primer, this poor piece would take 18 coats of paint. The details are going to be beautiful with all the paint I put on it.


Just look at the details of this beauty. Several shoppers commented on it today. I have heard anything from, "add a glass door". Or Hang fabric in the opening. I even heard one man say, "Can you put the radio back in once you have it painted?" What!!!! OMG. This thing is definitely going to be either my creamy white or even taupe. What is your take on it? Want to give me an idea of what color you would do it if you were Shabby Chic?? I do have plans to put a back in it, and I am just leaving the front open. It will be a beautiful cabinet for the bathroom to put towels in. It is a darling shape and the size is perfect for a bathroom and towels will fit so nicely inside.

I have 2 coats of this sealer on it. It will paint so nicely. I am going to let it dry for a complete 24 hours.

I look forward to hearing your ideas on color for this piece. And what would you use it for?

Tootle loo for now. It is almost quitting time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is great! What ever color you paint it, it will be beautiful! I like the idea of towels in it!!!

    Thanks so much for your really nice comment! It really was so nice to hear that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is already looking beautiful.....don't stop now! :)

    Debbie
    www.shabbycozycottage.com

    ReplyDelete